Bad Aussee, the traditional costume capital of Austria, awaits you with tradition and culture, with sports activities and recreation.
The home town of the famous “Narzissenfest” (daffodil festival), which every year in May delights visitors with magnificent flower arrangements. In the centre you will find traditional shops where you will melt away as a fan of traditional costumes. Dirndl & Lederhosen in every shape for every budget. One should also not miss the famous Ausseer gingerbread. Just one taste is enough and the addiction factor increases immeasurably. By the way, the gingerbread is also a great souvenir for those who stayed at home.
If one wants to take it a little quieter, there are numerous hiking paths, in winter as in summer, to enjoy the fresh air in Bad Aussee. In the surrounding wellness oases you can really let yourself be pampered and escape from everyday life.
Sports fans also get their money’s worth in Bad Aussee. Mountain hikes, mountain bike trails, running paths, cross-country ski runs, snowshoe hikes and the surrounding ski areas offer plenty of space to get the most out of yourself in summer and winter.
Activities in summer and winter
Sights and events
Book here now your holiday apartment in Salzkammergut. Only on this website you will not only book at the best price, but also get the following additional services for your stay:
- Salzkammergut Card for free (from 3 nights)
- Welcome present in your apartment
- Insider tips of the Salzkammergut and the acitivities, you are interested in
- 24/7 availability on phone
- Digital access to the top highlights in Bad Goisern, Hallstatt and Bad Aussee
- Bring a friend: tell your friends to book here and you both get 5% discount on your next booking!